Movers offer a service that will carry all your belongings to the place where you will relocate. Almost all the things are brought to your home including your furniture and large appliances. The moving company may require specific amount of materials for delivery. Most of the moving companies only cater to large amounts of luggage other than minor movers.
Anything from plants to pets, to furniture, to home appliances is acceptable for most moving companies. Just read the moving company’s information sheets as some moving companies. Each has its own guidelines as to what is an isn’t acceptable.
* How secure are my possessions while on the moving van?
Your moving company should always make your possessions secure during travel. They should be liable for any destroyed object in the trip. You should always choose a company that gives this kind of service.
• After the service of the moving company, check for the things that has been ruined or lost during the trip.
• Give the detailed description about the missing object in your checklist. You should keep yourself aware of the mover’s liability on the ruined or missing materials referring to the amount of insurance protection given by the moving company.
• File a loss or damage to the company in nine months after your properties has been delivered.
• Do not accept a settlement offer or mover’s claim for denial. You can try to contact the American Moving and Storage Association if you are not fully satisfied with the service they gave you.
* What if the movers break something?
Most of the moving companies promise a safe and secured travel. You need to make sure that the contract you will be signing with the moving company includes provisions committing them to replace the items damaged or ruined during their transfer of your belongings.
Most moving companies offer replacements to your belongings that have been wrecked during the travel. These companies are willing to replace the things because it is a part of the contract. Just make sure that your chosen company is reliable to make good on the contract. Never choose a moving company that does not offer this service.
* Should I get my own moving insurance or does the moving company insure my stuff?
You should always make sure that your belongings are safe during travel. To secure your belongings, get them insured. However, what is the best way to get them insured? These are some of the steps to help you secure your belongings with a moving company.
• Ask about the difference between valuation and regular insurance.
• Ask the exact amount of the insurance you want to have.
• Have all your valuable items insured. You should obtain an appraisal that says that your belongings are of high value. You should present receipts to prove that they are expensive.
• Have all your valuable items in a photo, or take a video of them.
• Sign a conditional inventory, which describes your expected condition after the delivery. The inventory should include the missing items in your checklist.
• Call the mover and inform them about your concern. File a claim as soon as possible.
* How can I find out whether a moving company is reputable?
You as a costumer have the right to ask about the background of a particular moving company. You need to know whether they are capable of giving you the service you deserve.
To find a reputable moving company, you can ask other people about how the company serves them. You can also try logging on to some websites that give you pointers on how to choose a reputable moving company.
Moving companies should be open to any questions you have regarding the services they offer. Feel free to ask questions, the Customer Care Agents are there to provide you with answers to your questions.